Kappa Alpha Theta expects each member to achieve high scholarship and to develop to the fullest her intellectual, cultural, and social potential. Each chapter is required to set a definite scholarship average that members must maintain in order to retain the social privileges of active membership. Our current all-house GPA is 3.523. We are consistently ranked among the top Greek sororities and overall Greek chapters in grades at Nebraska, and are always on the lookout for ways to recognize and reward the scholastic achievements of our members!
We have created a detailed scholastic program to provide resources and support for members of the chapter.
Our Scholarship Plan includes:
– Member Education Assistant program that connect new members with older members of the same major who can provide guidance in course selection, study methods, etc.
– Scholarship Banquet to celebrate our members who excel academically
– Study Hall – monitors and proctors set up times and locations for girls to meet and study
– Weekly Incentive Programming to immediately reward achievement and to encourage high academic standards throughout the year.
– Educational Speakers presenting on topics from time management to study habits